Thursday, May 10, 2007

Update as of 5/10/07

If you go to the hospital to visit my mom, you will be disappointed ... because she went home today! I don't know what kind of care she will need at this point, if any. She is doing very well, and we are all so very thankful. Many of you were reminded this week of the frailty of life with the passing of our dear friend Megann Shepard. We are routinely reminded that we do not know what tomorrow will bring, and what a great reason to make the most of today. These updates will be much less frequent now that mom is home, but I wanted to thank you all again for sharing this event with us through your prayer, concern, and friendship. For now, I leave you with a quote from the same Oscar Wilde essay Karol read from at Megann's funeral as a reminder of how important our friends have been to us in this difficult time.

Blessings to you and praise to our Father.

"If a friend of mine gave a feast, and did not invite me to it, I should not mind a bit. But if a friend of mine had a sorrow and refused to allow me to share it, I should feel it most bitterly. If he thought me unworthy, unfit to weep with him, I should feel it as the most poignant humiliation."

4 comments:

Tami said...

Praise God! I am so excited your Mom is having a good recovery. She is such a fighter - I can't believe she is already out of the hospital after such an ordeal. We continue to pray for all of you!

See-Dub said...

Yippee! We desperately needed to hear some good news this week.

We thank God for your mom's recovery, and we'll keep praying that she keeps getting better day by day.

Our God is an awesome God.

Jenna said...

What wonderful news!! We will keep praying for her full recovery.

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear the good news. Mother's day will be even more special for all of you this year.

"The Lord is good. His love endures forever."

Much love,
-dana and jim bob